This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Logging and reporting shows traffic from just one user

Hi All,

I am very new to networking and also to Sophos UTM. I just installed Sophos yesterday and everything else seems to be working fine except Logging and Reporting --> Web protection shows traffic generated by just one user. Here is my setup:

I have Verizon Fios router & modem where I disabled the wireless functionality and I put modem into DMZ to a WAN port(eth1) of my Sophos UTM. I have wireless router attached to my internal network (eth0). All wired and wireless traffic is distributed from that ASUS wireless router. When I see the web report, I see that all traffic is coming from 192.168.2.2 but my wireless router address is 192.168.3.1

Is there anything I can do so that traffic is correctly captured in UTM? Is there any way to display machine name traffic generated from instead of IP address? because it it very difficult to relate the machine name to IP address.

I am also concerned about one and only firewall rule I have created looking at some tutorial. I have Internal Network --> Any  --> Any rule setup. I heard that it is like disabling the firewall altogether. Can you please suggest what can I do to make it more stricter?

I also have two Masq rules:

External (WAN) (address) --> Internal

Internal (Network) --> External (WAN)

Is this the correct Masq rule.

I appreciate it.

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.