This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ASG320: Disk Space Full and 100% CPU Load

Hello Helpers,

we have got an ASG320, v.7.509 and experiencing:

- end user disconnections (no proxy connection)
- long loading times if there is a conenction
- cpu overload to access the Astaro's web management surface
- high PING times to external webpages 
- 0 MB empty disk space on the Astaro. 

I assume the device has internal logging problems and that harms the device and performance and end users... finally the enterprise's productivity in general.

Although I restarted the device, set the amount of days to keep the logs archived to "3" and although I deleted most of the big log files the disk is still full (36GB!). 

What uses that much disk space on the Astaro?
Where can I find it or how can i identify it?
How do I delete it?

I am already using an external log server using a SMB share. But this only duplicates the log files as I found out.

We need help over here as soon as possible and I don't have a solution to provide.

Best regards,
--Uwe

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Is there any possibility to backup the data that it can be used somewhere else?

>> Cause this is a postgreSQL database you might get it work by import it somewhere else...

Is there any other data that is used by the reporting engine? What else does it cover? Executive reports?

>> Excecutive Reporting and all statistics of the NETWORK / NETWORK SECURITY / WEB SECURITY / MAIL SECURITY area...you know the Top10 things.
  • It covers the charting data, but also anything that you see in the Reporting area of WebAdmin, the big ones for detailed data are probably web and packet filter usage.

If you couldn't tell from the detailed info, Buddy007 looks to be a dev with Astaro in Germany.  If he says that the data wouldn't be usable (due to corruption), then your best bet is just to implement his fix.  Given the nature of the problem, there's a good chance that the reporting data as it currently exists is possibly not complete or 100% factual anyway.  You should still have the raw log data if needed after the fix, just the reporting data will start fresh from the time that you implement the fix.

edit:  Since I see that you already copy over log data to an SMB share, you won't be losing anything, other than the usage of Astaro's built-in charting and structured lookup capability for the old data.  Nothing that you couldn't parse yourself with some scripting and the raw logs if needed.

...still have a v5 install disk in a box somewhere.

http://xkcd.com
    http://www.tedgoff.com/mb
    http://www.projectcartoon.com/cartoon/1
  • Well,

1.) Greetings from Germany as well! :-)

2.) I just reinitalized the reporting database. On the webadmin interface i still can see the trend chart statistics but the log disk has been reduced to only 5% being used (from 100% !). 

All is running smooth at the moment.

I have to wait to see whether that was the root cause for all the network trouble in the past.

THANK YOU for your help BuddyBond & all the others! :-D

You rock!
  • Perfectly, the charts will be updated within the next minutes - every 15 minutes.
    Reporting starts from scratch now, so don't be confused while you receive your daily, weekly and monthly reports in June.

@ Scott - To be honest I'm a support engineer with Astaro [;)]

Have a nice day guys!

Cheers