This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WebAdmin Inaccessible: Needs to Be Fixed via CLI throuch CC

I've lost the content of this post twice after a window resize, so it has the bare minimum

UTM 9.605-1 is ran within a VM on ESXi 6.7. 

• WebAdmin is accessible via a new install [of Sophos], but upon restoring a known good [Sophos] backup config, WebAdmin is no longer accessible, even though UTM is being correctly assigned an IP. 

The issue either resides within the allowed networks for WebAdmin and/or the default internal network, or some other network setting having to do with br0, as I've had this issue before, but lost the bookmark with the correct cc commands to fix.

sophos-utm:/var/log # cc get webadmin allowed_networks
[
'REF_NetworkAny',
'REF_NetNetAnyInterna'
]

sophos-utm:/var/log # cc get_object 'REF_DefaultInternalNetwork'
  • EDIT:
    • I've added REF_NetworkAny & REF_NetNetAnyInterna to allowed_networks via cc, removing all others

• After further troubleshooting, I'm able to replicate on a new install of Sophos by doing the following:
      1. VM created with eth0 - eth3, with only eth0 set up as an interface within Sophos (LAN DHCP: 192.168.2.45/26)
      2. Edit eth0, changing it to a bridge and adding eth1, saving changes
        • Waited 5min to allow UTM to fully set up the new bridge and restart services on the backend
        • WebAdmin still accessible
      3. Edit the newly created bridge, unticking eth1 from the bridge, saving changes
        • This results in the WebAdmin becoming inaccessible on 192.168.2.45/26, even after a reboot.

VM Switches: eth0 - eth3

• eth0 & eth1: bridged into br0
    • Assigned a static IP via OpenWrt, 192.168.2.1/26
  • eth2 & eth3: irrelevant to this issue
  • All Interfaces: br0, eth0 - eth3, ifb0 - ifb4, lo, tun0

WebAdmin192.168.2.1:443 on br0

This thread was automatically locked due to age.