This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dig and Curl results differ with a SNAT and DNAT during NextCloud config

Hello all - please note I am by far not a networking expert.

(Environment Information at the bottom of this post)

I'm setting up a NextCloud (NC) server and and at the point of creating/activating the SSL cert (via Let's Encrypt) for it and the NC install script is failing saying that the server (A Record) ip does not exist and errors out. If I run the activate SSL script portion of the install script it curls to ipv4bot.whatismyipaddress.com and comes back with the first IP address (x.x.x.218) of my WAN. However if I do a dig to opendns it comes back with the assigned external IP of the NC server (x.x.x.220). I created a DNAT and SNAT rules to initially get this configured, have the certificate and then move the entire config to WAF, after disabling the DNAT/SNAT.

The interface routing is as such:

(Interfaces - Additional Addresses)

(Interface config)

Any idea why results would differ or if I missed something on the configs that cause the wrong IP to be returned? I cleared out the dns cache of the NC server, ensured that the DNS used is 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1. Our A record has been created for weeks now.

EDIT: commands run on the NC server:

dig +short myip.opendns.com @resolver1.opendns.com

curl -s -k -m 5 ipv4bot.whatismyipaddress.com

Environment:

UTM 9.509-3

WAN IP range X.X.X.216/29   (this is connection #2 of 2 WAN connections)

NextCloud VM (Ubuntu Linux)

This thread was automatically locked due to age.