This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Setup Sophos UTM 9 as a smart host to relay to Mimecast

Hi

We currently have 2x UTM 9 on different sites and have an issue with our outbound mail flow in a DR scenario.

The mail flows fine though our primary site but we cannot get it to route through to the secondary site, so I guess this is a routing issue of some sort.

We have got inbound mail working ok via both sites, so I think we need to redesign the outbound somehow.

The current exchange setup has one send connector which specifies 2 mimecast dns entries as its smart hosts. When doing a telnet you can hit these fine. 

What we would like to do is change the send connectors smart hosts to point to the internal address of the UTMs at each site instead.

This would hopefully give the flexibility we need for outbound mail in a DR scenario, unless there is a better way of doing it?

I have tried doing a telnet to the internal IP address of the UTM on port 25 but it does not work.

So I am after some advice on the best practice for the UTM to relay SMTP traffic from our exchange servers IP addresses directly to mimecast. 

We do not need any additional functionality that the UTM has in regards to email scanning etc as this is already done for us.

I have taken a look on the community and come across similar situations but I would like some more clarity on how to do this please

Any advice is grateful.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.