This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Outgoing Mail with subject "Obtaining Your Experian Report" being blocked since 10-29-2018

I manage a Sophos UTM-9 for a a "fix-your-credit" company which sends a lot of email to customers about their credit reports. This Sophos has been up for more than two years. Since 10-29-2018 I noted that all outbound email with subject line "Obtaining Your Experian Report" is quarantined as Spam. This is not a NEW subject line and has been used for a long time. Example ...

2018:10:31-14:18:05 REDACTED smtpd[13057]: SCANNER[13057]: id="1001" severity="info" sys="SecureMail" sub="smtp" name="email quarantined" srcip="REDACTED" from="REDACTED-Internal-User" to="REDACTED-External-User" subject="Obtaining Your Experian Report" queueid="1gHv49-0003Ob-5S" size="37610" reason="as" extra=""

I have read through many threads in this forum and can see this is really a function of he SCANNER in the cloud and that reason="as" simply means Anti-Spam (thanks  Since I have made absolutely no changes to the Sophos in some time and since I have never had this issue until recently, I am curious what exactly is causing this. From previous posts on this subject it seems that it may be difficult to know exactly what triggered this as it is not an internal algorithm within the Sophos, itself.

Anyone experienced something similar in the last week or so. It is Halloween so maybe a ghost in the machine.[:D]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.