This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Zotac Zbox Nano CI321

I have gotten my hands on this new offering from Zotac and it does have 2 Network interfaces. I created a Install USB drive and when the install runs it detects 2 NICs storage, CPU but stops at 66%

The console last message is
bootstrap: Detecting other devices

It goes no farther than that. I have the BIOS set to legacy and not UFI and I also disabled all the extra HW in the BIOS with many different settings and after each time I still get the same results. I also tried the Boot Options under F3 and they also had the same result When I made the USB install drive I used Ver 9.3 software UTM

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Ah well, I didn't expect it to but would have been nice though.

Do you know if there is a way to get the Wi-fi card to work or does it require specific software to make it work?
  • Sophos UTM would need to recognize it as a network adaptor during install. I do not think that will ever happen. For me I don't care or need that interface to work so it is a NON issue for me.

Good luck
  • No worries, might have a play once it's up. Cheers for the info!
  • Are the NICs Intel or Realtek?
  • the NIC's are Realtek gig adaptors
  • i can confirm the BIOS update is needed to get the UTM to install... my zotac shipped today and without BIOS update installer stucks at 66%.. after quick install win7 and then update BIOS UTM installer runs fine :-) 

great piece of Hardware for home UTM use.. playing around with it now...

greets

zaphod

Home: Zotac CI321 (8GB RAM / 120GB SSD)  with latest Sophos UTM
    Work: 2 SG430 Cluster / many other models like SG105/SG115/SG135/SG135w/...

• I found that I was crashing on install at 66% due to using HDMI, switching to Displayport>VGA allowed me to proceed. I didn't think to install the BIOS update.

I've just installed UTM v9.3 on the CI321 I have and the only thing I had to do was follow this guide on installing from usb: https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/52/t/27887

After that it's been happy days, now to do a weeks worth of performance testing on my 100/10 Fibre connection.
  • i have installed with external usb cdrom which runs fine. 

if anyone find the trick to use the internal wlan-interface with the utm please post it.. (i think it will never work but who knows maybe there r some linux cracks around...)

greets

zaphod

Home: Zotac CI321 (8GB RAM / 120GB SSD)  with latest Sophos UTM
    Work: 2 SG430 Cluster / many other models like SG105/SG115/SG135/SG135w/...

• if anyone find the trick to use the internal wlan-interface with the utm please post it.. (I think it will never work but who knows maybe there r some linux cracks around...)

I'm thinking of installing a slimline OpenWRT solely to run the wireless controller or jury rigging the Engenius' kernel into a VM to just run the Wireless card. The UTM will run on another VM and the WLAN vm will be connected via a virtual nic to the UTM.

That's the only way I can think of making it work. Or by forcibly pushing the WLAN drivers into the installer from bash at install start. I doubt that would work at all because if it could, there are people much smarter than me on this forum who have probably already tried that!

I kind've don't want to do the first option because it would degrade the performance of the UTM's VM.