This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Failed Install of UTM 9.003 on Dell GX270

I've been running ASG 8.3xx (now at 8.307) on an old Dell GX270 PC for some time now and it works fine.
Last night I tried to manually upgrade to V9.003 using the .iso which I burned to CD. After booting from the CD and answering the pre-install screens it wiped and re-partitioned my HD than promptly failed with "install.tar not found" error kindly leaving me with a wiped machine!  [:@]
I tried several more times with the same result before re-installing V8 which worked fine. Of course I checked and install.tar is indeed in the install directory on the CD and in fact the MD5 sum of the CD is identical to the published checksum for the iso.
Any ideas on what might be wrong and any work arounds?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • hi,

sometimes, if you are using ISO on USB CD-ROM drive, the installation kernel can´t bind a suitable driver to the USB CD-ROM and the result is the same "install.tar not found"...

so, try another CD-ROM drive, probably a newer one.

CU
  • I am trying to install the UTM Home Edition on a DELL 4700 series, using an IDE Drive and IDE DVD ROM (set up as slave to the IDE Drive).  I have created a DVD for the ISO.
    It reads the DVD to start the install, I see the DVD ROM light flash, and I get the WELCOME TO SOPHOS UTM 9! screen and have the options (DOS looking screen) to ENTER to start installation.   I select enter and it starts the install process.  I get the next screen about this CD contains the Enterprise Toolkit, etc.  So I know it reads the DVDROM.  I select START and it starts to search the hardware.  On the Detected Hardware screen, it lists all the hardware, but for the CD/DVDROM line, it indicates no CD/DVDROM was found.  It will continue to install, timezone, etc., then formatting the drive, When that is completed, it states it failed, install.tar was not found.
    I tried some steps in this thread about mounting the SR0? but did not work.
    Does anyone have any ideas?