This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Current definition patterns

Hello AUBB

I just have a quick question: does anyone know what the current definition patterns are for an ASG220?

I'm running 7.510 on the device.  I manually update them on a regular basis, but I haven't seen the definition patterns increment, at least on my box, since 7/24/12.  It seems to be stuck at 25443.

Another quickie: does Sophos have a link where I could check the current patterns?

Thank you very much.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello AUBB

I just have a quick question: does anyone know what the current definition patterns are for an ASG220?

I'm running 7.510 on the device.  I manually update them on a regular basis, but I haven't seen the definition patterns increment, at least on my box, since 7/24/12.  It seems to be stuck at 25443.

Another quickie: does Sophos have a link where I could check the current patterns?

Thank you very much.

I recall that once before an update had two problem rules that prevented further rules updating. The workaround was to disable the two rules, restart, whereupon the Up2Date function resumed. We could then re-enable the two rules with no further problems.

In any case, we've also stuck at 25443 for several days.
    Rob
  • I recall that once before an update had two problem rules that prevented further rules updating. The workaround was to disable the two rules, restart, whereupon the Up2Date function resumed. We could then re-enable the two rules with no further problems.

In any case, we've also stuck at 25443 for several days.
    Rob

I too recall that event -- this is different, as it appears that we actually are getting pattern updates (AV engines are getting updates, for instance), it's just that the displayed pattern number is not changing.  I'm sure they'll get this fixed in short order.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• I too recall that event -- this is different, as it appears that we actually are getting pattern updates (AV engines are getting updates, for instance), it's just that the displayed pattern number is not changing.  I'm sure they'll get this fixed in short order.

I had reached much your same conclusion given the posted log excerpt. It seems the current problem lies server side, and likely occurs during update generation. If each update's contents are unaffected by the glitch, it IS a cosmetic issue that continues to alarm additional admins despite no actual vulnerability increase. 
    Rob
  • Precisely...

Sophos Platinum Partner

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• Hey guys, looks like they got this fixed... my customers and our production systems are showing incrementing pattern update numbers again.

Sophos Platinum Partner