This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hardware Specification

I want to know some hardware specifications about the appliances of ASTARO (ASG 110, 120, 220, 320, 425 and 525) such as the Processors type and Speed. I have searched in every Datasheets or PDF that is available, but I couldn't find, although I have found most of what I need. so Please if someone can help me in finding these detailed specification. and thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • You may just want to put some exceptions in the IPS, IM/P2P filter for the source IPs that you are getting the video stream from (I imagine it would be some sort of internal--that is, non-public--IP address range or network)...

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• I'm not running IPS on that little Mini-ITX box. It's not a real fire breather, so I don't want to load it down. Also, I don't have any IM/P2P filters set up. As it is RAM starts at 40% and just slowly climbs. I just installed 7.305. It is supposed to have fixes for postgresql stability, so we'll see. I don't want it to run out of RAM and start paging.
    The real test will be when I have an HD Video On Demand being viewed downstairs and another SD show upstairs. I'll probably test things with 2 SD shows tonight.
  • OK. I have 2 SD VOD shows running and 5 concurrent downloads running from Microsoft. The downloads alone total 1.2 MB/sec (9.6 Mbps, I'm provisioned for 10 Mbps). Video looks good and processor fluctuates between 11 and 17%. No load at all!
    If I generate my executive report, it shows ~8Mbps on the STB network (TVs) and >10Mbps on the Internal network (downloads). Just a little under 20 Mbps on the external interface and 
  • Great, thanks for the updates!

Barry
  • Now, only if they could bring this lovely FiOS fiber cable to Los Angeles...???

Get two 50Mbps/20Mbps FiOS links and aggregate them in the new version of Astaro 7.4 to get 100Mbps/40Mbps link!

That would be something!
  • Verizon FIOS and AT&T UVerse ARE available in many parts of so Cal.

Verizon has been sending me postcards, but it apparently turns out that they won't install to a condo unless it has it's own phone box.

Barry
  • Hey Barry,

I'm also in a condo in West Hollywood - nada from Verizon on FiOS.

My office is on Sunset BLVD & Doheny and we can't get it there either...
  • To anyone interested:
    My coworker is getting FIOS TV + Phone + Business Internet at home; they will supposedly give him 2mbps/5mbps with a static IP with no filtering for $110 (plus phone and TV).

Barry
  • I am using ASG connected to FIOS via ethernet, with the actiontec router as a bridge/moca device. The HD set top boxes get their IP from the actiontec running on a different subnet. The ASG is the primary firewall/IPS/router running on a dual proc plll with 2gb of ram. The only thing I I would like to change with the ASG is more granular control of what is logged. Commonly I need to only see the packet filter, IPS, and system, logs. So the ability to turn off the other logs would be a nice feature.
  • Scott, You could use a remote syslog server for the selected logs and set logfile deletion to one day.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA