This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Setting up Sophos UTM within ESXi6.5.0 2NIC's 2 VLAN's

Hi All,

I was running my Sophos UTM with the below config on a HP N54L with 2 NIC's quite well. I backed the UTM up and restored it onto my Dell T320 with 2NIC's but I am now having an issue with VLAN's which I am pretty sure has something to do with VMWare but thought I would ask here instead of the VMWare communities as it is more than likely now a config issue between the UTM and ESXi.

The UTM VM is as follows:

• 2vCPU's
  • 4GB Ram
  • 100GB HDD
  • Network Adapter 1: VMNIC0 VM Network Physical Switch Port 0/9
  • Network Adapter 2: VMNIC1 NBN

Within the Networking section of VMWare I have:

• VM Network With the UTM on ETH0 with VLAN ID 4095
  • NBN with the UTM on ETH1 with VLAN ID 0

I have 2 VLAN's setup on my Ubiquiti Edge Lite 24 Port Switch:

• The ESX Host / VMNIC0 on Physical Switch Port 0/9 with VLAN ID 1 (Main allow all areas / adults access) and VLAN ID 50 (Kids extremely content filtered access)

Within the UTM --> Interfaces & Routing --> Interfaces I have:

• Internal VMNic0 / ETH0 192.168.1.x/24
  • Kids VLAN VMNic0 / ETH0 192.168.44.x/24 VLAN TAG: 50
  • NBN / VNNic1 / ETH1 Public.ip.address/32 with a default gateway set to the public.default.gateway

Prior to the ESX host, if I jumped onto a tagged VLAN50 port I would get IP and be able to access the internet

Post ESX Host, If I jump onto a tagged VLAN50 port, I fail to get IP. If I statically assign an IP on the 192.168.44.x subnet I can't even ping the gateway (UTM)

It is not passing VLAN traffic or getting DHCP; Does anybody have any ideas since this was working when it was a physical UTM and not a VM.

P.S On a side note does anybody know what Guest OS I should be using? I read on Sophos that I need to be running SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 (64-Bit) But I am getting the following warning message within VMWare: The configured guest OS (SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 (64-bit) for this virtual machine does not match the guest that is currently running.

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.