This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bridge wlan and ethernet port on SG310

Hi All

On our SG310 I have set up a wlan (SSID: kltv) and added a dhcp server for that wlan (interface). It's working like a charm and all wireless clients are getting an ip (10.21.32.x) and can access the internet. Now I need to add a wired network (by using a new/unused ethernet port on the SG310) which shares the same subnet (10.21.32.x) as the the wlan (kltv).

I have tried to change the wlan interface from "ethernet" to "ethernet bridge" and bridge/select the wlan (kltv) and an unused eth6 NICs, but it doesn't work. Now only the eth6 wired clients get ip addresses and can access the internet. The wireless clients can't obtain an ip address anymore and therefore no network connection.
When I change the interface back to "ethernet" the wireless works again, but the wired network is gone, of course.

I think it should work by doing it this way, or am I missing something here?

I already have another wireless network (SSID: staff) set up bridged to AP LAN in "Wireless Networks" and it must stay that way. The wlan (kltv) is configured as seperate zone. I'd rather not use VLANS to solve this, if thats possible.

Can't find any posts that could help, so I hope you can lead me in the right direction.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi BAlfson

After some consideration, I will start a support case at Sophos. Our students just have go get some exams finished next week.

I can always make that reinstall/re-image if I'm not entirely happy with things.

Thanks again for your help, and I let you all know the result.