This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Shadow IT

Hi,

I am conducting a Shadow IT audit within my organisation.  One of  the data sources I am going to use are logs ( which logs is not determined yet) from our deployed UTM proxy server.  The network guys have given me an example of a log to assess whilst they prepare a log dump for me.  What i want to do, and I lack the knowledge to ask pertinent and precise questions, is to review the proxy logs and determine two things

1. the url accessed by the staff member ( this is captured in the example provided to me by my network guys)
  2. if the staff member logged into / authenticated onto the website when they accessed it.  Basically I would like to understand and define the criteria to filter these logs to only show instances where a staff member logged into a website and then disregard all instances were staff members only browsed a website.

I am unsure if that activity could be caught by the proxy logs or if it would be caught by a proxy log, which log or logs would capture it.

I realise this is very vague and I will provide more information if required, but as a hypothetical  question - could such an action - a user accessing a website and then logging into that website  -be captured by the logs created by a UTM Proxy server. 

Thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.