This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

restrict.youtube.com Not Working for Specific Interface

Hello,

I want to restrict my kids from watching inappropriate videos on youtube and came across restrict.youtube.com.  I followed part 1 of the following article.  My problem is, when I assign the host definition only to the interface I want (only kids devices), my whole network is restricted, not just the interface I select.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!!

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/124329

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Please confirm that "restricted yt" does not violate #3 in Rulz.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Sure.  it's a Host/ Network Definition and not assigned to an interface.  See screenshot

• Guess what?  I updated the firmware from 9.5 to 9.601-5 and it started working!  I will continue to test on my main network and my kids vlan and provide updates.

Can anyone confirm that 9.601-5 includes a fix for the issue I was seeing?

This forum is great, Thanks for all the help.  Stay posted for testing results.

• So testing with my kids devices (Chromebooks), it seems to work as expected.  I did notice that when I switched SSID's to an open network to test and then back to my kid's network, it took a little while for the youtube restrictions to kick in.  

My iOS devices are a whole different story.  I can't get the restrictions to kick in at all.  I let it sit for an hr hoping it would work, but no go