This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SSL VPN: DEPRECATED OPTION: -tls-remote?

Hello everybody,

I've stumbled upon a strange problem last Saturday: One of our sales people was unable to establish a VPN connection to our main office using the SSL VPN client.

He sent me a screenshot of the log file and what peaked my interest was the following error message:

DEPRECATED OPTION -tls-remote, please update your configuration

The actual cause of his inability to connect seemed to be a DNS issue. His PC was unable to resolve the public hostname of our SG430 cluster.

Unfortunately, I was not directly involved with the trouble shooting.

He uninstalled the SSL client from his machine, redownloaded the VPN profile from the user portal and was able to connect.

When I checked the original SSL config file and the file he redownloaded from the UTM, the tls-remote option was indeed missing from the redownloaded config file.

I then went ahead and checked my own profile on my machine and the tls-remote option was still present.

I don't have any problems connecting to our VPN and there also aren't any error messages regarding this deprecated option in my log file.

I also redownloaded my VPN profile from the user portal and the tls-remote option is no longer present.

So I'm assuming that some firmware update those last months removed the option from all profiles?

I'm unsure what to do at this point: Can I simply ignore this configuration change or do I need to redeploy all VPN profiles to all our users to prevent issues with this deprecated option?

Thanks in advance,

Dominik

This thread was automatically locked due to age.