This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MAC Address definition - Can they be used to allow unauthenticated outbound access?

Hi,

UTM 9.5x

We have a small team of web developers, each has a VM running locally that they develop on.

The VM's need unauthenticated outbound access so they simulate the production environment. We currently have IP reservations for the VM's and rules set up to allow those IP's out unauthenticated but the Dev's are now visiting various other corporate sites so we would potentially need to set up IP reservations (we have about a hundred DHCP scopes across the company) and rules accordingly.  It seems like a fair bit of overhead. especially as they rebuild the VM's relatively often so we have to change the IP reservations.

I have created a MAC address definition containing all the MAC's but i don't seem to be able to add it like a network definition.  

If possible i would like to allow the MAC outbound unauthenticated so it does not matter where they are or what IP they have.  On rebuild its just a case of updating the definition with the new MAC.

Can this be done?

NB.  We used to have the VM's hosted in Hyper-V/VMWare centrally but for one reason and another they are now local to their machine.

Cheers

Geoff

This thread was automatically locked due to age.