This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM 9.509-3 Home Edition as HA - Hourly messages: Pop3 proxy not running, ACC device Agent not running, HA selfcheck

Hi all,

since yesterday I have an issue with my  Sophos UTM 9.509-3 Home Edition. I've running it as virtual machines on free ESXi 6.5 in HA mode, distributed on two host systems with the preferred master on node 1.

Hourly there are the following messages:

1. From master and slave: Pop3 proxy not running - restarted
  2. From slave: ACC device Agent not running - restarted
  3. From slave: HA selfcheck: HA SELFMON WARN: Restarting repctl for SLAVE(ACTIVE)

Yesterday, it wasn't possible to connect to the internet and I couldn't get access to the webadmin UI anymore until I stopped the master node. Then I started the node 1 (preferred master) and the HA mode came back but the synchronization didn't come to an end. So I shut down node 2 to stop synchronizing - yes I know this isn't a good solution but the synchronization took over half an hour which isn't normal. After bringing node 2 back online the synchronization worked fine but the above messages came back. The internet and webadmin UI access were still possible.

Then I did an update of the ESXi hosts with the latest patch from VMware. So I had to stop the UTM nodes one after another, beginning with the master node 1. The Failover to node 2 worked fine and after coming back online the synchronization didn't finish. I waited a very long time but then I shut down node 2 for installing the ESXi update on my second UTM node. And after bringing this node back online the synchronization finished in a normal time. But again, the above messages came back. The internet and webadmin UI access were still possible.

And it looks like the Up2Date isn't working any more because I don't get Up2Date messages. In webadmin UI it Shows that firmware and patterns are up to date. And there was no daily executive report tonight. It isn't possible to create this report manually.

What can I do to resolve this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.