[8.900][FEATURE] Clientless VPN Idea

Did you have ever heard of Adito, now known as OpenVPN-ALS [SourceForge]?

I have used this one some time, and there were a lot of possibility's. Maybe the devs can look at this one to take inspiration?

And will an OTP login supported on the remote logins? This will be a nice piece of security, especially when you have an OTP-Calculator. And what about SmartCard logins?
Parents
  • Hi TuxBrother,

i totally agree with that but, i think customers allso want tunneling next to whats now possbilbe. the biggest problem that i currently see is simply the installation of the client and making it easyer for the user to start for example an RDP session.

so my idea is: easyly install the client webbased, and initiate things like RDP via the portal when needed. (an script option after connecting the SSL vpn could help to start mstc)
  • Hi TuxBrother,

i totally agree with that but, i think customers allso want tunneling next to whats now possbilbe. the biggest problem that i currently see is simply the installation of the client and making it easyer for the user to start for example an RDP session.

so my idea is: easyly install the client webbased, and initiate things like RDP via the portal when needed. (an script option after connecting the SSL vpn could help to start mstc)

Also, I see it goes with a Java Applet. I won't consider that HTML5.

If you look at Ericomm ConnectNow, Guacamole, ThinVNC, it is possible to tunnel RDP/VNC over a plain HTML5 page. They make use of an advanced AJAX/JSON technology.

I have also saw an online SSH-Terminal that didn't depend on Java/Flash.
  • Hi TuxBrother,

Also, I see it goes with a Java Applet. I won't consider that HTML5.

If you look at Ericomm ConnectNow, Guacamole, ThinVNC, it is possible to tunnel RDP/VNC over a plain HTML5 page. They make use of an advanced AJAX/JSON technology.

I have also saw an online SSH-Terminal that didn't depend on Java/Flash.
Children
No Data