[8.900][FEATURE] Clientless VPN Idea

Did you have ever heard of Adito, now known as OpenVPN-ALS [SourceForge]?

I have used this one some time, and there were a lot of possibility's. Maybe the devs can look at this one to take inspiration?

And will an OTP login supported on the remote logins? This will be a nice piece of security, especially when you have an OTP-Calculator. And what about SmartCard logins?
Parents
  • Hi Gert, 

i've tested quite a lot with it now and i have the following things:

We are currently missing tunneling functionality for the following reasons:

IE compatibility 

faster RDP because the xwindow stuff gets quite slow when there is somewhat more screen activity an 2nd issue with this is that the mouse input is stopped when the connection is slow. this makes it look even more slower.

i untherstand that there might be a filosophy that only the HTML 5 / Xwindow things will be made available but it might be an idea to make the normal SSL vpn startable and easyly installable via an the user portal. 

at the moment customers expect an SSL VPN to work like an sonicwall / Juniper SSL vpn so i think some tunneling / local command option would be a good idea.
  • Hi Gert, 

IE compatibility 

faster RDP because the xwindow stuff gets quite slow when there is somewhat more screen activity an 2nd issue with this is that the mouse input is stopped when the connection is slow. this makes it look even more slower.

i untherstand that there might be a filosophy that only the HTML 5 / Xwindow things will be made available but it might be an idea to make the normal SSL vpn startable and easyly installable via an the user portal. 

at the moment customers expect an SSL VPN to work like an sonicwall / Juniper SSL vpn so i think some tunneling / local command option would be a good idea.

The whole point of Clientless VPN is that there is no need to install something, because people will use that one in a restricted environment.
    And yes, remapping a RDP port to localhost via a tunnel, and use the built-in RDP client will be a very nice thing. But as an option, because there are also environments where you don't have such a client, where the web based one will be the way to go.
  • Hi Gert, 

IE compatibility 

The whole point of Clientless VPN is that there is no need to install something, because people will use that one in a restricted environment.
    And yes, remapping a RDP port to localhost via a tunnel, and use the built-in RDP client will be a very nice thing. But as an option, because there are also environments where you don't have such a client, where the web based one will be the way to go.
Children
No Data