[8.965][ANSWERED] How to test Endpoint Protection in Beta?

Hi folks,

well, maybe its just a silly question, buti just can't get endpoint protection activated.

I installed the beta yesterday and want to try endpoint protection. When I'm about to enable the feature and type in the company, e-mail etc und apply it, endpoint protection won't start up and is still disabled and nothing happens.

So how do I enable this? Or is it somehow possible to test it. Do I need to have a licence installed to test it?

In the final, will this feature also be available for home licence? does it need internet connection to communicate with some sophos servers to check the licence and if the check fails it won't start?

Hope someone can help me with this strange thing and get me some answeres.

Thx in advice. Albeck
  • Hi Albeck,

please make sure you add the version and built number to any further threads you create. This makes it much clearer for everyone to clasify your concern and of course it keeps everything organised.

Don't be too harsh on yourself and remember that everybody was a beginner once, so it's not just a silly question.

First of all install the current BETA licence which can be found here. After that I'd like you to provide any other relevant details you can think of, e.g. do you use the Proxy server (either in simple or transparent mode)? If so, did you add the "Sophos LiveConnect" object to "Skip transparent mode destination hosts/nets" at Web Protection » Web Filtering » Advanced?

Yes the final release of V9 will include 50 Endpoint licences within the home licence.
    You'll need a functioning internet connection in order to receive the automatic updates on each endpoint and to be able to manage all endpoints globally through your UTM.

Cheers,
    Cristof
  • Thy for the fast reply.

Well I'm not really new to Astaro, was there at the beginning of V7 [;)], but Endpoint is new to me sice V9 [H][:P]:

Installing the beta licence did the trick, but a funny thing, that is not possible to test this feature with a test licence...[:S]

Thx. Albeck.
  • Hi Albeck,

... but a funny thing, that is not possible to test this feature with a test licence

you have to consider the BETA licence a sort of test utility [:)]

I'll close the thread as ANSWERED.

Cheers,
    Cristof