[8.965][ANSWERED] portable apps blocked when End Point is installed

Hello,

I've installed the End Point and afterward none of my portable apps are working.  Firefox v12.0 and Thunderbird v12.0.1.  Nothing shows up in the End Point console as having blocked.  I decided to disabled all Sophos services and reboot, then both portable apps start working again.  What is the correct and safe way to remove the end point?  

1. Sophos Anti-Virus
 2. Sophos AutoUpdate
 3. Sophos Management Communication

Thanks for any suggestion you can provide.
Parents
  • Hi dknyinva,

I've installed the End Point and afterward none of my portable apps are working

I can't reproduce this behaviour. Maybe your proxy is blocking the use of the portable apps.

What is the correct and safe way to remove the end point?

The recommended way is as follows:

[LIST=1]
    • Sophos Anti-Virus
    • Sophos Management Communication
    • Sophos AutoUpdate
    [/LIST]

But still I'd like you to check on my suggestion first, before you start rushing to uninstalling the Endpoint Client software after all.
    Maybe we can figure out what causes the blocking and can bring you back to using our product.

Cheers,
    Cristof
  • Hi dknyinva,

I can't reproduce this behaviour. Maybe your proxy is blocking the use of the portable apps.

[LIST=1]
    • Sophos Anti-Virus
    • Sophos AutoUpdate
    [/LIST]

But still I'd like you to check on my suggestion first, before you start rushing to uninstalling the Endpoint Client software after all.
    Maybe we can figure out what causes the blocking and can bring you back to using our product.

Cheers,
    Cristof
    I'm trying to uninstall and it's telling me "You have insufficient privileges to uninstall this product".  Should I have to do anything else first before it allows me to uninstall?

Thanks
  • Hi dknyinva,

[LIST=1]
    • Sophos Anti-Virus
    • Sophos AutoUpdate
    [/LIST]

Cheers,
    Cristof
    I'm trying to uninstall and it's telling me "You have insufficient privileges to uninstall this product".  Should I have to do anything else first before it allows me to uninstall?

Thanks
Children
No Data