[8.900][BUG] Endpoint AV Out of Date

Action Center in Windows 7 (32-bit) is showing out of date on a fresh install. Force def update and there weren't any new files to download.

Also, and maybe I missed this, but will UTM 9 act as a central repository for AV defs? Initial install took FOREVER. The ETA was not even close, which reminds me that something would be helpful in step 6 of the installer so you know there is some progress being made. I had to right-click on the Sophos tray icon to see the update progress.
Parents
  • We'll track the "out of date"-issue as Mantis ID #20650.

Regarding the "UTM9 as repository"-question: this shouldn't be necessary if you use the HTTP proxy, which already has a caching mechanism. As far as i understand it from the notes in our bugtracker, there are currently some minor problems when selecting the best download location, which lead to "perceived slowness", but they are already in the process of sorting these things out.

Thanks for the feedback,
    Kai
  • We'll track the "out of date"-issue as Mantis ID #20650.

Regarding the "UTM9 as repository"-question: this shouldn't be necessary if you use the HTTP proxy, which already has a caching mechanism. As far as i understand it from the notes in our bugtracker, there are currently some minor problems when selecting the best download location, which lead to "perceived slowness", but they are already in the process of sorting these things out.

Thanks for the feedback,
    Kai
Children
No Data