[8.900][BUG] Endpoint Protection User can change settings

Tamper Protection is not working.

User on Windows XP can tamper the settings of EndPoint Protection.

On UTM 9 the Tamper Protection is enabled.
Parents
  • Tamper Protection is not working.

Just tried this on a Windows XP client(32 bits). The policy got deployed and enforced for tamper protection.

I don't know what happened with your installation but I think the policy wasn't deployed. Can you provide me with the MCS_ID(Manage Computers tab) of that endpoint and the UTM ID(Advanced tab) of your ASG box?

Other additional information you have observed could help[:)].

Related to having the tamper password protection in the clear, that will change in the following weeks. You won't get anything in the logs related to the actual password(hashed or not).
  • Tamper Protection is not working.

Just tried this on a Windows XP client(32 bits). The policy got deployed and enforced for tamper protection.

I don't know what happened with your installation but I think the policy wasn't deployed. Can you provide me with the MCS_ID(Manage Computers tab) of that endpoint and the UTM ID(Advanced tab) of your ASG box?

Other additional information you have observed could help[:)].

Related to having the tamper password protection in the clear, that will change in the following weeks. You won't get anything in the logs related to the actual password(hashed or not).
Children
No Data