[9.265][INFO] RPM database corrupted

Got this one now, during the night:

RPM Database is corrupted, attempting to rebuild it.
-- 
System Uptime      : 0 days 6 hours 31 minutes
System Load        : 0.28
System Version     : Sophos UTM 9.265-8

Please refer to the manual for detailed instructions.

Sent from my iPhone using Astaro.org
Parents
  • In case it matters, I am still seeing occasional "RPM Database corrupted" and corresponding "RPM Database restored" messages for both my home software UTM (virtual machine) and the physical UTM 120 in the office. The messages have continued to appear despite various updates released by Sophos. Between the two UTMs, I see perhaps two or three RPM Database corrupted messages each month. That is a rough estimate - I have not counted them. So far, every "RPM Database corrupted" message has been accompanied with a corresponding "restored" message.

The home virtual machine software UTM is currently running version 9.309-3, which I installed two days ago. The most recent RPM Database corrupted message appeared on 4 March, only 9 minutes after updating to version 9.308-16. I doubt that the timing is related to the update. 

The office UTM 120 has been running version 9.307-6 since 15 February, but is scheduled for an automatic update to version 9.309-3 this Sunday night. An RPM Database corrupted message appeared only a few minutes ago.

My conclusion is that none of Sophos' updates through 9.308-16 fixes this issue. (The jury is still out on version 9.309-3, but the listed fixes do not mention the RPM database.)
  • In case it matters, I am still seeing occasional "RPM Database corrupted" and corresponding "RPM Database restored" messages for both my home software UTM (virtual machine) and the physical UTM 120 in the office. The messages have continued to appear despite various updates released by Sophos. Between the two UTMs, I see perhaps two or three RPM Database corrupted messages each month. That is a rough estimate - I have not counted them. So far, every "RPM Database corrupted" message has been accompanied with a corresponding "restored" message.

The home virtual machine software UTM is currently running version 9.309-3, which I installed two days ago. The most recent RPM Database corrupted message appeared on 4 March, only 9 minutes after updating to version 9.308-16. I doubt that the timing is related to the update. 

The office UTM 120 has been running version 9.307-6 since 15 February, but is scheduled for an automatic update to version 9.309-3 this Sunday night. An RPM Database corrupted message appeared only a few minutes ago.

My conclusion is that none of Sophos' updates through 9.308-16 fixes this issue. (The jury is still out on version 9.309-3, but the listed fixes do not mention the RPM database.)
Children
No Data