Bug? DHCP server Option 42 (NTP server)

Could someone please test/reproduce the following:

On your DHCP server set the option 42 (NTP server) to a valid value (e.g. "pool.ntp.org") and reboot your red afterwards.

You should see the device booting normally, but freeze after receiving the DHCP lease (DHCP ACK). The LEDs 'Power' and 'Tunnel' will be active, the LEDs 'System' and 'Internet' will blink synchronous. The device is not pingable and the tunnel is not established. There is communication between the RED and the ASG.

This is reproducible with a router running OpenWRT Backfire (10.3), which uses dnsmasq v2.52 as DHCP server.

Can anyone confirm this as a bug?!
Parents
  • Hello,

thanks for pointing this out.
    We will try to reproduce it.
    PWR, Tunnel ON and SYS, INET blinking means 
    the device didn't get an IP via DHCP or there was an error.

How does the communication between RED and ASG look like?
    Do you see any packets with the source IP provided by the DHCP server?
    Can you see a new DHCP request on the server in at least one minute after the
    blinking started?
  • Hi,

I'm a colleague of taust. He's quite busy today, so I will answer your questions:

Sorry, the missing word in the description above is "no": The is no communication between RED and ASG. Only the DHCP handshake between RED and router is visible on the network. There seems to be no other traffic from or to the RED.

blinking started?

As far as I remember: yes, but I will take a closer look into the log tomorrow.
  • Hi,

I'm a colleague of taust. He's quite busy today, so I will answer your questions:

Sorry, the missing word in the description above is "no": The is no communication between RED and ASG. Only the DHCP handshake between RED and router is visible on the network. There seems to be no other traffic from or to the RED.

blinking started?

As far as I remember: yes, but I will take a closer look into the log tomorrow.
Children
No Data