Webfilter with Transparent Proxy (STAS)

Hi Folks

tried to get the Webfilter Running in Transparent Mode.

Created a network policy. I cloned the default_network_policy and applied the webfilter I cloned from allow_all (just modified the forbidden categories in it).

But the policy (topmost) isn't used at all... My Test-User (in a specified User-Group) is atm free to surf any URL's he shouldn't be allowed to...

If I delete the User-Group from the Rule (without identity check), no one is able to surf the specific URL's.

Aftre some research in the Forum, I stumbled over STAS, activated it via commandline on the firewall, installed it on my DC.

But the STAS-Service won't start at all.

I gave the STAS-Service Domain-Admin credentials, but Service won't start with "Credentials not correct" - Error.

Do I need this Service to get my transparent Proxy running (as I think so at the moment...). Can someone help me, fixxing this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Thorsten
Parents
  • Got it running. But still can't explain why...

Found finaly the "AD-Import-Wizard-Button" (System>Authentication>Authentication Servers at the end of the Row...) and got my Add-Groups - only downside: the groups were empty... (but not in the AD... will open a seperate threat in this regard).

Added the User manually to the User-Group, added the User-Group to the policy, waited a couple of minutes, and... works...
  • Got it running. But still can't explain why...

Found finaly the "AD-Import-Wizard-Button" (System>Authentication>Authentication Servers at the end of the Row...) and got my Add-Groups - only downside: the groups were empty... (but not in the AD... will open a seperate threat in this regard).

Added the User manually to the User-Group, added the User-Group to the policy, waited a couple of minutes, and... works...
Children
No Data