Copernicus - FTP Firmware Download

Hi All, 

for UTM9, it was possible to download new updates from ftp.astaro.de or ftp.astaro.com.

Does Copernicus have a FTP area??? So before GA, we can download and test new firmware on our box before deploying to all Copernicus (we hope one day).

Regards, 

Luk
  • Hi All, 

for UTM9, it was possible to download new updates from ftp.astaro.de or ftp.astaro.com.

Does Copernicus have a FTP area??? So before GA, we can download and test new firmware on our box before deploying to all Copernicus (we hope one day).

Regards, 

Luk

I would like to know this also, Is there even going to be another beta before GA? There should be at least one more, Don't you think so?[8-)]
  • Hi Guys,
    I don't think there is anything really broken that would require another beta release of V1. I fogot there is one thing broken and I have reported in v1 b1 and that is memory use reporting. My machine still doesn't use any memory even though it has 6gb (8gb installed).

What are talking about about is some missing functionality being added between now and Jan 5th all that missing stuff.
    1/. IPv6 native support
    2/. MTA 
    3/. better logging - real log files instead of one big one.
    4/. Being able to have log files open while reviewing filter performance
    5/. mail scanning that actually scans mail messages for those that don't have their own mail server. This product will be used (maybe) by small businesses that use ISP mail.
    6/. reset menu statics daily so they have some value in the reporting to management.
    7/. log file archiving

Pick something and add it urgently.

Ian
  • Thank Ian for your missing features. I think that we need to post missing features in one place otherwise for Sophos's guys is difficult to keep track if information is spread everywhere. [;)]

Hope they will implement FTP area or a URL to download new firmware from.
  • Hi Guys,
    I don't think there is anything really broken that would require another beta release of V1. I fogot there is one thing broken and I have reported in v1 b1 and that is memory use reporting. My machine still doesn't use any memory even though it has 6gb (8gb installed).

What are talking about about is some missing functionality being added between now and Jan 5th all that missing stuff.
    1/. IPv6 native support
    2/. MTA 
    3/. better logging - real log files instead of one big one.
    4/. Being able to have log files open while reviewing filter performance
    5/. mail scanning that actually scans mail messages for those that don't have their own mail server. This product will be used (maybe) by small businesses that use ISP mail.
    6/. reset menu statics daily so they have some value in the reporting to management.
    7/. log file archiving

Pick something and add it urgently.

Ian

I can think of at least one thing thats broke and that is RegEx entries, Its limited to a useless 30 Char at the moment.[;)]
  • I do not think they will ever provide this, but I really hope so, for know all updates are downloaded through encrypted urls from Cloudfront:

In ex. from u2d.log:
    https://d3tusa5dvomhzy.cloudfront.net/SW/SW-SFOS_15.01.0_Beta-3.SFW-341.gpg

-----

Best regards
    Martin

Sophos XGS 2100 @ Home | Sophos v20 Technician

• Isn't it because the updates are being pushed out for Copernicus through Cyberoams updating infrastructure?
  • The new "ftp" will be your MySophos account [;)]

-----

Best regards
    Martin

Sophos XGS 2100 @ Home | Sophos v20 Technician

• Ah, that makes a lot of sense, thanks for sharing!