SMTP traffic to AMA rejected - TLS Problem

Hello,

I'm trying to get the eval of the AMA running however I ran into a problem here.

The internal SMTP server when trying to send mails to the archive gets connection rejected with the following error message from the AMA SMTP server:

"454 4.7.5 Certificate validation failure."

In the internal network we are using self-sidgned certificates that are not globally trusted. Could that be the problem? Or is the re a problem on the server itself?

Maybe a nice feature in the AMA WebAdmin would be a debug/log from the SMTP itself...

Thanks for any info.
Parents
  • My Exchange server has HTTP and HTTPS open.  Not being content filtered at all, I still had an issue.  Email queue would show the following error from AMA servers: 451 4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with: "454 4.7.5 Certificate validation failure." etc.

Opened a case with support.  #3115083 and after a couple of days was asked to install a CA Root certificate.  The certificate appears to be the CA Authority they used to create their wildcard cert on their AMA servers.  http://www.astarosupport.org/ama.crt.

Import the certificate on the Exchange Server (local computer), then restart the Cryptographic Services service. Then re-enabling the “Basic Authentication over TLS” option, if you disabled it.  Disabling it was a workaround to this error/issue for me.

Hope this helps others.
  • I see this issue to, and am not able to send our journaling mails (Exchange 2007) to Astaro AMA cloud since 24th of february. I get error "454 4.7.5 Certificate validation failure" constantly.

This configuration worked for more than a year and stopped suddenly at 24th of february.

Actually, there are over 25000 mails to AMA stuck in the queue, and I "lost" 18000 mails to AMA already, when I disabled and reenabled TLS authentication while troubleshooting the issue. [[:(]]

I deinstalled the GeoTrust certificate, reinstalled it and restarted the cryptographic service serveral times, but still get the same error. Also restarting the Exchange 2007 server didn't fix the issue.

I opened an ticket with Astaro [#3132328] 3 days ago, but Astaro USA couldn't fix the issue until now. Now I transferred the case to Astaro DE, got an call from an support engineer, but they still work on an solution.

Astaro DE told me, that there were an issue with the certification chain for the AMA certificate, but this should be fixed since 3th of march...but not for us. [[:(]]

Any hints to fix this issue ?
  • We believe the issue to be resolved now. See https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/75/t/63933 for further information. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience!
Reply Children
No Data