cloud mail

Hi, I´m using an mail solution from the cloud (I don´t have access to the server configs) and with webmail, without a client.

Where can I find some documentation about how to config AMA, using this scenario? In the getting-started-guide-ama-en.pdf, I didn´t found that...
  • You have various options on how to archive your mail with AMA. We support SMTP, POP3, IMAP.
    Which of these you can use and how depends on your cloud provider, that's why we can't provide any documentation for this.

You either have to configure your web mail tool to send a copy of each mail to your archive (via SMTP), or you can create a dedicated mailbox on your server where a copy of each mail is stored, and then let AMA fetch these mails via POP3 or IMAP.

The fact that your mail server running in the cloud does not really make a difference for AMA. Just check whether one of these functions is available to you.
  • My company is using the E-mails from MS and I would like to try AMA, for security reasons.

I can´t configure all the webmails, because some users could remove the configurations and as network administrator I would lose the configs and the archiving funcionalities. 

In other hand, if I understood correctly ,create a second mailbox for each mailbox that I have, would be very expensive, couse I will need to have purchase 2x more accounts...

But I still think that AMA, could be excelent for my needs... I just don´t understood how to configure it and make it functional.
  • Sorry, I have no clue how your mail server works, so I can't really help you.
    Usually, you just need 1 additional mailbox that collects copies of mails of all users.
  • Ah! Understood... so you will need just ONE new mailbox, receiving mail of ALL users! Not one new mailbox for each user.

This will not cost... I will try to find a way to create that and will post the result here when done... 

Thanks !