Need assistance defining firewall rule

I am using UTM 9

I have an internal network 192.168.10.0/24, astaro internal address is at 192.168.10.1

the external address of the address is 67.108.x.y and is on a 67.108.x/27 network

I have a number of nat/firewall rules set, and the system is fine, except that from the 192 network, I cannot access any of the resources that are on the 67.108.x network. (for example, I cannot ping the 67.108 side of the astaro gateway from inside the 192 network). All other internet resources are accessible.

Is there a specific rule i need to set to make this work?

As a second question, can anyone recommend a good internet resource to help understand firewall configuration in general
Parents
  • Hi, mnewnham, and welcome to the User BB!

I think the best way to learn might just be working through the Firewall section of the User Manual.  Two key concepts:

• By default, all traffic is blocked unless allowed by a Firewall rule (including the "invisible" ones created automatically by WebAdmin for Proxies and VPNs).
    • Unlike the firewall in Windows, this firewall is "stateful" so, for users inside your network, you only need to allow traffic out; the firewall will track the connection and accept the response - no need for a rule to allow responses.

Cheers - Bob
    PS And, always listen to BarryG! [;)]

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi and welcome aboard,
    add to all the helpful advice above you need to change the ping/icmp settings i one of the tabs under rules tab.

Ian
Reply Children
No Data