WiFi Access Points

Hi

I've had a good look around the forum and can't seem to find an answer, so, is it possible to enable wifi access using external access points with Essential Edition?

Many thanks

Phil
Parents
  • Hi

Thanks for your reply. So as a novice, I'm guessing I need to create/assign an interface, but how do I then go about setting the SSID/passphrase? Also, can Astaro allow me to change the wifi signal strength? I've seen a setting in pfSense, where the user enters "99" to max out the signal - is this available in Astaro?

Many thanks
  • As Drew said, you cannot use any of the Wireless management features of the Astaro without the Wireless Security Subscription -- the Essential base license does not include this feature.

That said... you had another question regarding signal strength adjustments of Astaro Access Points.  Currently (as of Version 8.301) you cannot adjust signal strength of the Access Points -- however, in the UTM9 beta (due for GA in July I think), I do see the ability to adjust the signal strength of individual access points, so that feature is on the way.

--Beat by Scott by a minute or 2!  [:)]

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• As Drew said, you cannot use any of the Wireless management features of the Astaro without the Wireless Security Subscription -- the Essential base license does not include this feature.

That said... you had another question regarding signal strength adjustments of Astaro Access Points.  Currently (as of Version 8.301) you cannot adjust signal strength of the Access Points -- however, in the UTM9 beta (due for GA in July I think), I do see the ability to adjust the signal strength of individual access points, so that feature is on the way.

--Beat by Scott by a minute or 2!  [:)]

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

Children
No Data