[ANSWERED] how to create an IP gateway to the network in LAN zone?

Hi all,

Could you give me an advise how to create an IP gateway to the network in LAN zone?

I need to route an IP traffic in the LAN zone on a specific IP address ( IP gateway) for which is routed different IP network. I do not know how to create an IP gateway in the LAN zone. 

Has anybody solved this problem?

alda
  • Setup up a static route?
    System > Routing > Static Routing ipv4

We have a manged VPN between sites which exits on our LAN. That's what i needed to do.
  • Hi Corey3443,

I also thought it, but when I want to create an IP gateway its offer to me in the field only default  gateway to the Internet, but I need to route traffic in the LAN zone on a specific IP address behind is next IP network or networks. 

If you want to create an IPv4 Source Route, the GUI offers to you only the default gateway to the Internet and in the menu Objects -> Assets does not exist any option for creating an IP gateway. 

I do not know how to solve this problem, in my opinion, is not in the current beta version any way how to do it ...

alda
  • Hi Corey3443,

I also thought it, but when I want to create an IP gateway its offer to me in the field only default  gateway to the Internet, but I need to route traffic in the LAN zone on a specific IP address behind is next IP network or networks. 

If you want to create an IPv4 Source Route, the GUI offers to you only the default gateway to the Internet and in the menu Objects -> Assets does not exist any option for creating an IP gateway. 

I do not know how to solve this problem, in my opinion, is not in the current beta version any way how to do it ...

alda

Hi Alda,

Are you referring the Policy Route feature of UTM 9 ; then it is not supported in current release.

Regards,
    Sneha
  • Hi snehagohil,

I really DO NOT need Policy Routing I ONLY need IP gateway route. Please see to the enclosure screen from UTM v9 GUI.

Are you telling me that Copernicus does not support this TOTALY trivial requirement for static routing?

It's probably a bad joke, right?

If this is true, then Copernicus beta testing only a waste of time .....

alda
  • Hi snehagohil  and everyone else,

IP v4 Gateway route is hidden in IPv4 Unicast Route ....

I do not think that the name for this function is selected correctly, I think it's very confusing. 

I vote for IPv4 Static Route ......

alda

i should have been abit clearer in my above comment but that was what i was eluding to. Apologies comment was done at 3am in the morning.

I do not think that the name for this function is selected correctly, I think it's very confusing. 

I vote for IPv4 Static Route ......

alda

Hi,

Ohh i understand you want to route only IP protocols so thought of Policy based route feature of UTM 9. Sorry about that.. 

Yes static unicast/multicast and source based Routing for IPv4 & IPV6 is supported in Copernicus under system --> Routing --> Static Routing Menu. 

This page configuration supports both Unicast , Multicast & source based Route on Same page so to differentiate function name are given , but will take your input as feedback.

Regards,
    Sneha
  • We have tracked this internally as NC-4175.

Regards,

Vivek