[ANSWERED] Proxy issue

Up until now  I have just been looking at the new UTM features and UI, specifically navigation and ease of use.

So, I decided to connect to the new proxy via a PC but get an error that the proxy is refusing the connection.

I have configured 2 interfaces - 1 internal (192.x.x.x) connected to the LAN and 1 external (41.x.x.x) connected to the internet router.

Can ping the outside world and do DNS lookups from the proxy.

Web proxy is enabled but changed port to 8080.

Configured 2 basic policies allowing traffic from LAN to WAN (see attached screenshot)

Have I missed anything?
Parents
  • Why specify proxy settings at all?

The main feature of SFOS is that everything is inline, including the proxy.  As such, if your test client is using the SFOS as the default gateway, then your default network policy should filter traffic.

You will only get User Policies working if you can ensure you provide an identity to SFOS.  Through Captive Portal, Client, Transparent Auth (STAS), AD-SSO.

==

When in doubt, Script it out.

• Why specify proxy settings at all?

The main feature of SFOS is that everything is inline, including the proxy.  As such, if your test client is using the SFOS as the default gateway, then your default network policy should filter traffic.

You will only get User Policies working if you can ensure you provide an identity to SFOS.  Through Captive Portal, Client, Transparent Auth (STAS), AD-SSO.

==

When in doubt, Script it out.

Children