[BUG] BMC5787 not supported

Installed SophosOS on my home software appliance (where UTM 9.315 was running) and I discover that both LAN port are not supported. 

Broadcom BMC57788:  [:@][:@][:@]

I need to reinstall Sophos UTM and restore config.
Hope that they will support more NIC card. I tried usb eth card (not supported). I can't remember chipset on it.
Parents
  • Installed SophosOS on my home software appliance (where UTM 9.315 was running) and I discover that both LAN port are not supported. 

Hope that they will support more NIC card. I tried usb eth card (not supported). I can't remember chipset on it.

Hi Iferrara,

Are you getting fail safe prompt on console when you boot SFOS on your software appliance ?

let us know if you getting failsafe prompt on console.

if you are not getting failsafe prompt then interface is detected but something else creating issue.

if you could again install SFOS and test the same and share us the output of below commands then we can take it further to resolve the same.

take bash access by ssh to appliance and then selecting option 5 and then 3 

1. ifconfig 
    2. ethtool (devname - eth0 / PortA etc)
    2. ethtool -i (Portname - eth0 / PortA etc)
    3. ethtool -k (devname -eth0 / PortA etc)

Regards,
    Vivek

Regards,

Vivek

• Installed SophosOS on my home software appliance (where UTM 9.315 was running) and I discover that both LAN port are not supported. 

Hi Iferrara,

Are you getting fail safe prompt on console when you boot SFOS on your software appliance ?

let us know if you getting failsafe prompt on console.

if you are not getting failsafe prompt then interface is detected but something else creating issue.

if you could again install SFOS and test the same and share us the output of below commands then we can take it further to resolve the same.

take bash access by ssh to appliance and then selecting option 5 and then 3 

1. ifconfig 
    2. ethtool (devname - eth0 / PortA etc)
    2. ethtool -i (Portname - eth0 / PortA etc)
    3. ethtool -k (devname -eth0 / PortA etc)

Regards,
    Vivek

Regards,

Vivek

Children
No Data