[BUG] Issue with Firewall Registration - Browser Window Hangs

This afternoon I tried to update my new (previously unused/unlicensed) SG 125W.  The firmware update went smoothly.  My computer was connected to eth0 (LAN) and the cable modem to eth1 (WAN).

I could connect to 172.16.16.16 and login, and access the welcome screen, my serial number was recognized, but when I clicked "Register" the pop-up browser hung trying to connect to the Registration page on sophos.com.

Checking the network settings on the CLI revealed that it had been assigned a public IP by the cable modem (which is in bridge mode) and that DNS settings were correct.  I could ping sophos.com from the CLI.

Copying and pasting the registration URL into a browser on a different (working) network, loaded the page prompting for MySophos credentials immediately.

Restarting the cable modem and SG 125 had not effect.

TL;DR: the SG 125 could not connect to the registration page even though it could ping sophos.com.

Beside addressing this showstopper, it would also be nice to show the current network settings when clicking "Basic Configuration" on the GUI Welcome Screen.  The fields are all blank, even if the device was successful getting IP settings via DHCP.

EDIT: it's probably relevant to know I was using a Mac running Yosemite 10.10.4 and Safari for a browser (only browser installed on that machine).
Parents
  • Above issues are tracked as:

1287 - After successful registration, the "Initiate License Synchronization" button presented on the popup window does not trigger license synchronization.

Workaround: Close the registration window, wait 1 minute, then click the license synchronization button on the firewall UI page. 

The issue you mention, is that if you install Copernicus, and use it as your internet gateway while trying to activate and register, registration will fail. This is because no rules are on the firewall to allow your browser to reach the registration pages at sophos.com. We are working on the fix for it. and will be available soon, but until then, you must provide an alternate connection to the internet for your workstation to access the registration pages.

Regarding Browser Hang: it may be because of browser settings or any browser plugin related issue.

All the Registration / Activation related issues are posted in sticky note named as Copernicus Registration Issues

Regards,

Vivek

• Above issues are tracked as:

1287 - After successful registration, the "Initiate License Synchronization" button presented on the popup window does not trigger license synchronization.

Workaround: Close the registration window, wait 1 minute, then click the license synchronization button on the firewall UI page. 

The issue you mention, is that if you install Copernicus, and use it as your internet gateway while trying to activate and register, registration will fail. This is because no rules are on the firewall to allow your browser to reach the registration pages at sophos.com. We are working on the fix for it. and will be available soon, but until then, you must provide an alternate connection to the internet for your workstation to access the registration pages.

Regarding Browser Hang: it may be because of browser settings or any browser plugin related issue.

All the Registration / Activation related issues are posted in sticky note named as Copernicus Registration Issues

Regards,

Vivek

Children
No Data