Secure client and ActiveSync 4.1.0 build 4841 sync problems

Hi,

I'm having big troubles with ActiveSync and secure client installed. As soon as I connect the pocketPC with my USB kabel and de client is installed, activesync is unable to contact the pocketPC.

When deinstalling the VPN client software, reboot the machine, I'm able to synchronize again and access my device. In first I thought it might be only on my laptop, but now it seems to appear also with one of my customers.

The device uses Windows Mobile 5. Does anybody have a solution for this?

Regards.
Parents
  • I have the same trouble.
    I've tried with other Versions of Active Sync (3.7 - 4.xx), no success.
    Sometimes deactivating the virtual NIC of ASC and reboot may help.
    Now i deinstalled ASC and using PPTP VPN instead.[:@]
  • Then this is a serious bug. We have ordered many ASC licenses and have problems on each workspace. I will report this issue with Astaro as it seems that it got something to do with the tcp/ip stack which is modified somewhow. 

I've got it connected now, but no sync is done. Have you reported this already??

@Astaro
    If somebody of Astaro read this post, please provide us with a solution as many of our customers will have this problem!!
  • Your best recourse at this point is to start a ticket with Astaro, so they can investigate this issue... their support people do not regularly scan this forum.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• Okay I've got a reply from Astaro support:
    -- For anyone who have this problem:-

das Problem ist bekannt:
    Active Sync 4.1 generiert eine Netzwerkkarte (RNDIS) mit einer Paketgrösse von 8 KB die aber erst aktiv wird wenn ein Windows Mobile 5 Gerät angeschlossen wird.
    Unser Client kann aber nur mit Paketen umgehen die max. 1500 Bytes gross sind. Man muss die MTU Size des RNDIS Adapter auf 1500 setzen.
    Anbei ein interner Workaround für Sie: MTU Size für RNDIS Adapter ändern.

Dieser Adapter wird von Active Sync 4.1 gesetzt und erst mit Windows Mobile 5 Geräten aktiv.
    RNDIS setzt das Adapter auf 169.254.2.x
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\
    Das Adapter mit der o.g. IP-Adresse suchen und dort eine DWORD Eintrag hinzufügen MTU REG_DWORD 1500 (dez)

Regards,
    Dave
  • Just added this key with MTU, reboot, and works like a chime!
Reply Children
No Data