[8.290][QUESTION][ANSWERED] Ping 8.290

Using 8.290 

I cannot ping from my 3rd interface to the Internal.
Cannot ping from Internal to 3rd interface.

Both internal and 3rd can ping to anything on External.
Both can ping to the firewall.

Firewall cannot ping to PC's on 3rd interface
Firewall can ping to PC's on Internal AND to External.

Other traffic (RDP) works from Internal to 3rd interface.

Traceroute also does not work between internal and 3rd.

ALL ICMP and PING checkboxes are enabled.
Parents
  • Fine [:)]

But without any info about yor actual setup, no one can really help you..

So what info do you need ?

The fact that the ASG cant ping to PC's on the 3rd interface (from support - tools - ping check) , but CAN to PC's connected on the other interfaces tells me there is a bug. [EDIT] - This was due to XP firewall - so not an issue.

The fact that RDP DOES go from internal to 3rd interface but PING does not, tells me there is a bug.  (This would indicate that traffic other than ICMP is routing correctly) [EDIT]  This was also due to XP firewall - HOWEVER traffic in opposite direction 3rd to INTERNAL does not work for Ping - but DOES for RDP.

So what info do you need ?

The fact that the ASG cant ping to PC's on the 3rd interface (from support - tools - ping check) , but CAN to PC's connected on the other interfaces tells me there is a bug. [EDIT] - This was due to XP firewall - so not an issue.

The fact that RDP DOES go from internal to 3rd interface but PING does not, tells me there is a bug.  (This would indicate that traffic other than ICMP is routing correctly) [EDIT]  This was also due to XP firewall - HOWEVER traffic in opposite direction 3rd to INTERNAL does not work for Ping - but DOES for RDP.
Children
  • Gary:

We need to see screen shots of your config. Show us your interface configs. Show us the firewall rules you have in place. Show us the ICMP tab. Show the log entries that show the traffic being blocked or if there are no entries, show us what was in the logs right around the time the pings failed.

If you want to call 'BUG', you're going to have to demonstrate that your config is correct and the expected behavior does not match what you've observed. Based on what you have described so far, I'm drifting towards saying there's a misconfiguration somewhere.