[8.285][QUESTION][OPEN] RED : Presto you have a Tunnel ?

Site-to-Site VPN using RED Protocol
    We have added the ability to make tunnels between ASG devices using our much-heralded RED tunnel technology. This operates similarly to how site-site over SSL works;
        Login to the main site, go to the RED section, add a RED, and pick type "ASG".
        Download the provisioning file which is created
        Login to the remote site, go to the Client [Tunnel Management] tab in RED
        Add a tunnel, enter the hostname of the ASG and supply the provisioning file you downloaded.
        Presto, you'll have a tunnel!

*Note: this will NOT turn your remote ASG into a RED terminal. It will still have a GUI and work like a normal Site-Site VPN does.
        *Note 2: We will likely move this feature into the VPN section in a future 8.3 Beta release.

All done - tunnel is up but no traffic thru it - just ping / pong.

Documentation on this is missing - so for someone trying out RED for the very first time in ASG to ASG this is far more confusing than site2site vpn - not much presto about it.

Could someone explain what the thoughts about ASG's as RED is? Are you suppose to add routes and firewall rules your self or ?
Basically this feature seems to be a little in the dark where you have to figure out how the developer put it together.

I really want to test this part in its full extent..
Parents Reply Children
  • Thanks...  think I got the concept now.

I even got OSPF working...

Remaining problem is that from my client network I can't get to the remote site - not matter which site I try from.
    If I use the support tools in the Astaro each site can ping any gateway address or client ip on the OSPF subnets defined.

I made the proper PF rules that should allow client to client communication from my home lan to my work lan ( those segments are OSPF routet and verified pingable from each ASG ). 

So far so good - it feels like I am only inches away from making it work and missed some little detail.