[8.281][QUESTION][CLOSED] BGP issues

Greetings,

I've been running BGP for about a week or so with an AT&T APN connection and have just run though a 4 hour test. So far, so good, however I'm having trouble seeing the routing tables that I've received from AT&T. They are seeing the default routes that the Astaro sends them, however I can't seem to locate a way to display the routes that I've received.

The logs show a couple of updates have been received, but the buttons for Show IP BGP summary shows a default route, but the final statement is No BGP network exists.

I'm running 8.281, and I've set up Initiate IPSEC and we've been able to ping through from end-to-end, but haven't seen any traffic route.

Any pointers? 

Mark
Parents
  • Yes you could try that. Activate Internet Monitoring, deactivate automatic monitoring and enter the IP address of the remote side.
    Then one Action deactivating the primary IPSec tunnel and another Action activating the secondary IPsec tunnel.

However the configuration I saw had different local IP addresses for each Tunnel.
    Its not possible to bind to secondary IP addresses.

If there is a unused Interface, you could try to configure the IP address with netmask 32
    on the unused Interface and bind the IPSec tunnel to that interface...

Cheers
     Ulrich
  • In my case, we're using one interface for both legs of the redundant tunnel, as a temporary setup until the we get a secondary physical circuit. AT&T's setup was built to handle two legs, and there test setup was built before our physical network was built. I'll move the second link to the new physical link and then the troubles will be solved.

However, I've still got a question about VLAN interfaces and if they will bind to an IPSEC tunnel? If that's the case, I'll VLAN the external interface, and we'll be able to bind away.

I've got a couple other tunnels that I'd like to move this way if it works. I guess I'll just have to build a setup and see if it works...

The BGP is doing what it's supposed to and is keeping AT&T's system informed of our status, and should be allowing bits to transfer.

I'll go vote for multiple ip addresses in one interface to be bound to different IPSEC tunnels...

Thanks,

Mark
  • In my case, we're using one interface for both legs of the redundant tunnel, as a temporary setup until the we get a secondary physical circuit. AT&T's setup was built to handle two legs, and there test setup was built before our physical network was built. I'll move the second link to the new physical link and then the troubles will be solved.

However, I've still got a question about VLAN interfaces and if they will bind to an IPSEC tunnel? If that's the case, I'll VLAN the external interface, and we'll be able to bind away.

I've got a couple other tunnels that I'd like to move this way if it works. I guess I'll just have to build a setup and see if it works...

The BGP is doing what it's supposed to and is keeping AT&T's system informed of our status, and should be allowing bits to transfer.

I'll go vote for multiple ip addresses in one interface to be bound to different IPSEC tunnels...

Thanks,

Mark
Children
No Data