[8.281][QUESTION][CLOSED] BGP issues

Greetings,

I've been running BGP for about a week or so with an AT&T APN connection and have just run though a 4 hour test. So far, so good, however I'm having trouble seeing the routing tables that I've received from AT&T. They are seeing the default routes that the Astaro sends them, however I can't seem to locate a way to display the routes that I've received.

The logs show a couple of updates have been received, but the buttons for Show IP BGP summary shows a default route, but the final statement is No BGP network exists.

I'm running 8.281, and I've set up Initiate IPSEC and we've been able to ping through from end-to-end, but haven't seen any traffic route.

Any pointers? 

Mark
Parents
  • BGP was not installing the routes because they were already installed by IPsec.

At the moment BGP over IPSec is not fully supported. You can install one IPsec tunnel and let
    BGP announce your routes, so the remote side sees your router is alive and will send you packets.

However you can't setup a second IPsec tunnel for redundancy, because IPSec can not
    setup tunnels with duplicate remote networks.

You could abuse the Amazon VPC functionality to get full redundancy. Thats how amazon VPC
    actually works: It installs two virtual tunnel interfaces via two IPSec tunnels and routes BGP over it.
    But thats not officially supported...

Cheers
     Ulrich
  • BGP was not installing the routes because they were already installed by IPsec.

At the moment BGP over IPSec is not fully supported. You can install one IPsec tunnel and let
    BGP announce your routes, so the remote side sees your router is alive and will send you packets.

However you can't setup a second IPsec tunnel for redundancy, because IPSec can not
    setup tunnels with duplicate remote networks.

You could abuse the Amazon VPC functionality to get full redundancy. Thats how amazon VPC
    actually works: It installs two virtual tunnel interfaces via two IPSec tunnels and routes BGP over it.
    But thats not officially supported...

Cheers
     Ulrich
Children
No Data