[8.200][BUG][FIXED] File extension changes using Http Web security

Hi I just tried to down load a .msi file and when the passthrough has finished downloading and scanning. I right click and save target as. The file name that is presented is "Watcher_Telstra.htm" NOT "Watcher_Telstra.msi" as expected.
If I turn off the "Web Security" the file is downloaded and presented as "Watcher_Telstra.msi" as expected.

Below is the web page from where this strange behaviour has occured. (I have not seen this before).

from 
http://www.sierrawireless.com/en/sitecore/content/Sierra%20Wireless/Support/Downloads/AirCard/USB_Modems/Telstra_Ultimate_AC312U.aspx 

Mark
Parents
  • I'm not sure which OS and browser I was using (too many different combinations yesterday), I think I tried it across a couple before I would report it. (My normal fault reporting process is can I reproduce it, can I reproduce it on another machine, is it tied to a browser or OS, etc)
    kbr, but would turning off the proxy make any difference to the "missing (or bad) "Content-disposition" HTTP header"? (Not being a web guru).
    Just a thought.
    Mark
  • I'm not sure which OS and browser I was using (too many different combinations yesterday), I think I tried it across a couple before I would report it. (My normal fault reporting process is can I reproduce it, can I reproduce it on another machine, is it tied to a browser or OS, etc)
    kbr, but would turning off the proxy make any difference to the "missing (or bad) "Content-disposition" HTTP header"? (Not being a web guru).
    Just a thought.
    Mark
Children
  • Hey Mark,

... would turning off the proxy make any difference to the "missing (or bad) "Content-disposition" HTTP header"?

This mainly depends on the browser too. IE is doing some weird heuristics to just "do the right thing"(tm), especially with regard to content encodings and detection of utf8, while other browsers are really strict when it comes to standard compliance (Opera comes to mind).

To be sure, i need to be able to reproduce it here, so i need to now the OS/Browser combination...

Cheers,
    Kai