[8.174][BUG][OPEN] Issue with multiple wireless clients on AP10

I've noticed an issue since the update to 8.173/8.174 involving wireless clients; if I have more than 1 wireless client (laptop) connected to my test ASG via an AP10, both clients suffer severe performance impact; even simple, low-bandwidth web browsing is intermittent, and even accessing webadmin is intermittent / slow.  If I put one of the machines to sleep, or shut them off, performance returns to normal levels.  It's not about bandwidth (very little traffic is involved).  I've tried changing the encryption types (was set at WPA2 Personal before, tried WPA personal to no effect), etc... I think it may have something to do with the fact that I have client isolation enabled.  The laptops are using different WLAN nics / chipsets, and work fine individually, so I don't think it's a NIC incompatibility.  This all worked fine in 8.172, except for the fact I have to have spoof detection disabled to use my AP10 in my particular configuration (see my other bug report).  Spoof detection is still disabled, btw.  I see no drops in the packet filter logs, no IPS detections, etc.  Network Awareness is disabled.  I can send the wireless log from last night to whoever's interested via PM, just let me know.
Parents
  • Helmut, I was having issues with my Samsung Phone 7. It does have N capability so maybe it was having issues due to the TKIP limitation you mentioned. I am going to lock down to WPA2/AES and not alow TKIP anymore as I'm less worried about legacy devices these days and everything comming out should support AES.

Thanks
  • Helmut, I was having issues with my Samsung Phone 7. It does have N capability so maybe it was having issues due to the TKIP limitation you mentioned. I am going to lock down to WPA2/AES and not alow TKIP anymore as I'm less worried about legacy devices these days and everything comming out should support AES.

Thanks
Children
No Data