[8.174][INFO][NONE] HTTP Proxy Memory Usage

Since the release date is coming up soon, I just wanted to give the developers a heads up on http proxy memory usage. The proxy is using about 1gb ram (RES) after a couple of days under light usage. I am using local content database which is adding about 250MB to the memory usage. But even then, 2GB ram is not enough in my opinion to run astaro for 3 users. 

I understand that with the addition of L7 filtration, the proxy memory usage has increased but this will cause problems on smaller appliances under heavy loads in the future and the minimum requirement probably should be bumped up to 4GB.

Screenshots:
1. Initial memory usage after 8.173 clean install.
2. 8.174 Memory usage after 2 days.
3. 8.174 memory usage after proxy restart.

Regards
Bill.

P.S. Had to restart the proxy because it had become very slow. I will monitor that more closely. It would have been nice to see the access time to troubleshoot but its gone [;)]
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Scott,
    my memory usage has increase significantly with the 8.174 release. I am talking about at least a 5% increase over 8.172 with the same config other than some fine tuning of the web access.While the graphs didn't show much in CPU load increase, the ASG seemed to be struggling. I think a reasonably optioned (feature use) ASG with the Atom 330 CPU will struggle to keep up after v8.2 release.

So, I have upgraded the CPU from a AMD 5050e (45w) to AMD 240e (45w) and the memory from 667 to 800. Power use has increased to 45w. Also there might have been conflicts at motherboard level with the 505e that don't appear to be there with the 240e.

Also, reading the notes you posted in another thread, 8.174 is the first GA or did I misunderstand you?

Ian