Question: importing configurations

Hi,
one of the changes made during the v8b was the way the NICs are sorted.

Now while I have a patch for this eg change the file from the console.

Is there any way that I can change the configuration of a backup to use the new NIC order?
Or is the alternative a new install from ISO and build configure from base system?

Is there going to be a sticky in the production forum warning people of this issue?

Thank you to all the developers and fellow testers for the major improvements.

Ian M
Parents
  • Well, there is still the way of fiddling with the udev files, but (since this is only feasible for users that are feeling comfortable working on the console) we want to find a way that the NIC order stays consistent, even when importing a V7 backup. As you can imagine, this is a non-trivial task. We target this for Q3, but i cannot promise that it will be available in the next update.
  • Well, there is still the way of fiddling with the udev files, but (since this is only feasible for users that are feeling comfortable working on the console) we want to find a way that the NIC order stays consistent, even when importing a V7 backup. As you can imagine, this is a non-trivial task. We target this for Q3, but i cannot promise that it will be available in the next update.
Children
No Data