[8.000][BUG][OPEN] Possible IE8 bug

In WebAdmin, I go to Reporting>Web Security>Web Usage Tab. By default, the initial table is populated with Top Users. If I then change to Top Domains, then click the Update button, the table goes blank. If I switch back to Top Users, that table appears and populates.

The behavior only happens when dynamically switching tables on this one page. Other areas which have similar functionality, such as Reporting>Network Usage>Accounting Tab or Reporting>Network Security>Packet Filter are not affected.

This behavior is only seen with IE8. FF and Chrome also tested and work as expected.

I guess the question is how this one table populates differently than any of the others?

Sorry I didn't notice this earlier, but better late than never.

Update:  Same issue with Top Domains by user.  I've tried from multiple clients with IE8 installed.  Hopefully you can replicate the issue and it's a quick fix for GA.  System access available upon request.
Parents
  • Hey Scott, take it easy. There's no need to feel sorry. We really appreciate every issue you guys point out. And even after GA we will FIX bugs ;-)

The state NEW/OPEN actually shows that i haven't been able to reproduce it yet (otherwise you'd see a confirmed/acknowledged/assigned). This issue might even be fixed by another ID (#14202), that didn't make it into the GA release and has been postponed to 8.001. I just created this ID to let my coworker know that he has to take a look at this, just to make sure.
  • Hey Scott, take it easy. There's no need to feel sorry. We really appreciate every issue you guys point out. And even after GA we will FIX bugs ;-)

The state NEW/OPEN actually shows that i haven't been able to reproduce it yet (otherwise you'd see a confirmed/acknowledged/assigned). This issue might even be fixed by another ID (#14202), that didn't make it into the GA release and has been postponed to 8.001. I just created this ID to let my coworker know that he has to take a look at this, just to make sure.
Children
No Data