[8.000][BUG][OPEN] Master node in cluster still thinks its being updated

Hi all,

Just applied v8.000 - congratulations on reaching GA release!

The master node in the cluster still thinks its being updated and is reflecting the wrong version (7.951 vs 8.000) even though the main menu is reflecting v8.
The slave node is currently offline as it needs a rebuild due to the driver issue [:)]

My stand-alone server version of 7.951>8.000 is correctly reporting v8.000

Cheers,

Darren
  • Astaro Beta Report

--------------------------------
    Version: 8.000
    Type: BUG
    State: FIXED
    Reporter: darrenl
    Contributor: 
    MantisID: 14393
    Target version: 
    Fixed in version: 
    --------------------------------
  • Thank you Darren.

Regarding the master-node showing the wrong version: i guess we'll let Ulrich take a look at it tomorrow. Does he still have access to your machine?
  • Hi Darren,

will try to reproduce this issue tomorrow. Can you mail me your mdw.log and high-availability.log ? Thanks!

Cheers
     Ulrich
  • Hi Ulrich,

I needed to rebuild the failed node and then tried to get it to join the cluster via automatic config.  Outcome was that the master node went out of sync and neither node would then come online [:S]  Basically the cluster was screwed [;)]

So, I thought, perhaps it's time to just kill both nodes and rebuild the cluster using only the config backup file i.e. start with a clean environment for all nodes since there have been quite a few updates, special patches etc.

Rebuilt both nodes from 7.951 ISO, restored master node from backup config, bought master node up, then joined the slave node, both working fine on 7.951.  Perfect join and initial sync without any issues.
    I left the cluster for a few hours to make sure all was correctly synced.

I then ran up2date to bring the cluster to 8.000 - perfect upgrade: Automated update on the slave node first, it rebooted, slave node came back online, but,  the up2date process correctly waited until the slave node was fully available before it was promoted to master.  Up2date process then commenced the automated update on the 'old' master.  Perfect upgrade again, rebooted, synced and came online.

Only item that I spotted was the up2date live monitor - clicked to open progress window, window opened but nothing reported (blank window).

I was monitoring the HA logs, synced perfectly.

Guys - very, very nice job with all of the changes/fixes to the cluster environment!!  Very impressed with how it now works without issue. [:D]
    I hope that the ongoing operation will continue to be as flawless!!

I will continue to monitor and will provide feedback if I spot anything.

Cheers,

Darren
  • Ok found the bug. The HA status file which is read by Webadmin and displayed on HA status page
    is not updated after an Master only update. This has no operating impact and is only an display issue.

Will be fixed, thanks for reporting Darren!

Cheers
     Ulrich
  • Thanks Ulrich.  

Checked the cluster this morning.  No sync issues being reported, both nodes appear to be correctly handling traffic.  Very nice!!

[:D]

Will run it under some load today to see if there are any issues.

Cheers,

Darren