Licensing Information, Home Use, and Beta things.

Hi everyone,

As you may be aware, the Version 8 Beta key will expire on July 15th. This is intentional; I am pleased to report that V8.000 GA will be released on June 30th, and the Beta will close at that time. We'll have a follow up post and such in this forums with the contest information and other closure stuff, however there will be no new posts from the community after that, and this forum will be archived until we begin again fresh for the next version [:)]

Regarding licensing, I'd like to answer some questions you have been asking.

1) The new Web Application Security feature (licensed separately in our product portfolio) will be included as part of the home user licensing, in sticking with our greatly-received offering of a full, no strings attached key for home use with protection for up to 50(!) IP's, the only other limit being some limited customization abilities to protect us against blatant mis-use.

2) Version 8 ONLY accepts keys using our new licensing format we have introduce several months ago in February. As such, simply trying to install your V7 home use key into V8 will fail. This brings me to #3.

3) Currently, rather than force everyone to manually "touch" their key via a button in my.astaro.com, or issuing everyone new keys, I am working with our licensing wizards to scour our key database for all keys with the type "Home Use Only", and checking on the viability of just "migrating" all those keys to the V8 style. This has no real drawbacks, as new home use keys which are generated since the past months have already been of the "new" style, and work still in ASG v7 installations running 7.502+. 

4)If we can successfully do this without side-effects, then all you will need to do is log in, retrieve your key and reapply it to WebAdmin. This should also have the benefit of preserving special permissions beyond the usual entitlements, such as those of you which have received larger or more capable keys in the past as rewards for various testing efforts, since these are still tagged with the Home Use flag.

If you have any concerns or comments, please post them here and I'll see that they are answered.

Have a great weekend everyone,
Parents Reply Children
No Data