7.500 Released

Hello there Beta Testers.

We are today, (Sept 17th) going to release the 7.500 GA version as a soft-release. This means it will not be pushed out via our content distribution network to all installations, but as we have been doing, we'll release it as a manual download first. Today there will be 2 Up2Date pacakages only; 1 for 7.405->7.500, and one for 7.490->7.500. 

ISO images will follow next week, then on Oct 1st, we will push 7.500 via the Up2Date network. There will shortly be an Up2Date blog posting about the 7.500 release with links, information, my release notes etc...

Now for the important stuff [:D]
We will be analyzing the feedback from the Beta and will then award our Amazon Gift cards to the winners for the most valued participation. Also, active beta testers will receive a special home use key with more allowances than a normal home use key. This and a few other surprises we have planned for tomorrow. If for some reason we're not able to fully complete / wind-down the beta process, we'll wrap it up next week, so give me a bit of leeway if I can't get all the keys and such finalized before the weekend.

Thanks very much for your feedback. We'll probably keep this Beta forum open only for a while longer, and will close/archive it as usual once everything is final. For now, watch this thread for update posts.

Cheers,
Parents Reply Children
No Data