[7.400] BugSearch in GA...

Hi Astaro-Team,

here is a short list I got searching for bugs in the GA...

-Cosmetic Issue / CSV Icon Reporting WebSecurity
-Missing INFO-302 New Firmware Up2Date installed during update from 3.90 to 4.00 GA -HTTP Proxy Virusscanner doesn't scan Eicar in LHA & LZA File
-Switch to German in WebAdmin Language doesn't work
-Remove embedded objects (ActiveX/Java/Flash) / Active Content Removal / HTTP/S PROXY not working
-USV support not working, V7.400 does shutdown but comes not up again...

Kind Regards

ToDo
  • An email just went out to each of my clients warning them to NOT put V7.4 on production machines.  I recommended that they wait until -01 or -02.

Seriously, friends, the present beta process is excellent, but it needs to include a final stage where you help one site, then several sites, go live.  I'd be surprised if the entire Astaro infrastructure is already on V7.4.

You all know that I'm an ardent supporter, so please take this as the honest voice of a partner.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • ToDo, I am unable to confirm all of your problems on 7.400 nor have I tried to reproduce all of them. You may start from scratch with a fresh 7.400 instead of expecting a patched BETA version to work absolutely flawlessly because problems caused by that may not arise in the field.

That update from BETA to GA is only to get you in sync again. It is NOT recommended!

But
    - I know that UPS support is working. You may have a misconfiguration in BIOS if your device does not power on automatically when the mains return. What hardware do you use?
    - CSV Icon in Web Reporting is displayed here. Please post the complete URL of that image not being displayed.
    - Missing INFO-302 New Firmware Up2Date installed during update from 3.90 to 4.00 is a known problem because of reboot and not easy to fix currently.
  • Mario, I want to put it on our test unit, but I couldn't find V7.400 on download.astaro.com.  OK, I found it on .de, so I probably just looked in the wrong place.

Thanks - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Nope, it's only on .de at present.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Astaro-Team,

here is a short list I got searching for bugs in the GA...

-Switch to German in WebAdmin Language doesn't work

Switch to german in Webadmin works, (Small bug : some messages are stil in eng. caching objects eg)
    but i am not sure that ist a good idea...
    Eindringschutz and Anti-Spionagesoftware sounds very strange [:)]

Gregor Kemter
  • Yeah its not easy to translate everything. Some non-translated Strings are intended that way. We may improve that a little in the future.