[7.395] HTTPS Proxy to Livemeetings

Hi,

Using HTTPS proxy and could not connect to the audio of a LiveMeeting (could see slides).

• Added livemeeting.com to an exception list for certificate checks -> did not help.
  • Reviewed livelog and could see connections, but no errors/blocking was shown.
  • Proxy CA certificate was imported (both user and Local Machine Trusted Root)
  • After turning off HTTPS proxy, access worked
  • Livemeeting showed error 0x80ee0065 - not much info on the web on that, but does appear to be certificate related.

The only thing I didn't do was add the URL to the Transparent Proxy Bypass list - I didn't do this as the host part of the URL looked like it would be different each time (I assume that list doesn't allow a wildcard domain, as it does a DNS lookup?)

It looks like we might need a better way to bypass HTTPS scanning on a wildcard domain basis.

Thanks
Parents
  • I've had a similar problem with Microsoft Update on my Vista laptop... even after importing the cert to the user and system accounts, I still get errors until I disable HTTPS scanning, even with Exceptions defined.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• Actually, I have also had problems with Microsoft Update. We primarily use WSUS to deploy updates, so it hasn't been a major issue. But I note we were trying to check some updates directly against MS Update and couldn't. Initially it was the certificate error, but then a new error once the certificate was imported.

Interestingly, WSUS has no problem downloading the updates itself (once the certificate is imported on the WSUS server).
  • Actually, I have also had problems with Microsoft Update. We primarily use WSUS to deploy updates, so it hasn't been a major issue. But I note we were trying to check some updates directly against MS Update and couldn't. Initially it was the certificate error, but then a new error once the certificate was imported.

Interestingly, WSUS has no problem downloading the updates itself (once the certificate is imported on the WSUS server).
Children
No Data